Tag Archives: submodules

Just a quick note here, in case others run into this issue. For a new Rails app, I set up ActiveScaffold with several other plugins, which were installed as git submodules. When I got to setting up Capistrano to deploy the app to my integration server, I found that things didn’t run very well, and it turned out that was because the submodules hadn’t been deployed. Instead, I had empty directories under /vendor/plugins. After a bit of searching, I discovered the magical incantation:

      set :git_enable_submodules,1

I added that to my /config/deploy.rb file, and then did a cap:deploy update and voila, there are the submodules.